The Administrative Assistant is responsible for office duties such as ordering office supplies and managing mail, service-related tasks such as assisting in typing service quotations and managing the in-bound and out-bound correspondence for the Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer telephone calls with a high level of customer service.
- Ensuring the highest level of service in all dealings with internal and external customers.
- Greet all visitors and direct them to the appropriate person.
- Work with all Dept.’s in making the branch run smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain an organized and clean reception area.
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail and couriers.
- Order Stationary & office consumables.
- Prepare delivery books for sold equipment.
- Issue and receive branch purchase orders & communicate with Accounts Payable on various vendor issues.
- Manage Payroll and timecards.
- Communicate with Payroll Dept. on all payroll reports, problems, issues, etc.
- Tracking of employees sick leave and vacation times.
- Update employee lists.
- Rename and file parts delivery slips electronically
- File paperwork froms as per internal policy and controls.
- Credit card reconciliation.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Excel & Word proficient.
- Able to multitask.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Prioritize time sensitive tasks.
- Willingness to work OT when required.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in a corporate receptionist role.
- Bilingual in French would be an asset.
- Experience with SAP would be an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma and/or relevant work experience.