As a member of the Service team, the Field Technician must be a highly motivated team player who completes the duties required in a professional and timely manner. He will assume overall responsibility for the safe, effective, clean, organized and professional performance management of the Parts Department at all times to ensure that Strongco surpasses our customer’s expectations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Emphasis in the development and implementation of a “customer service, customer focused” philosophy, within the department;
- Emphasis on increasing revenues, improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of field service work;
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned lube/field service calls, including but not limited to;
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults,
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work,
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards),
- Care and maintenance of assigned service vehicle and tools,
- Daily vehicle checks and CVOR log-books,
- Effective, open and frequent communication with dispatch and office,
- Perform lube services in the set-out time requirements,
- Grease machines when completed lube services,
- Tag machines with last service complete hours and date when completed lube services,
- Responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of field service work,
- Responsible for ensuring that all field service work/inquiries by customers and or field dispatch are managed in a professional and timely manner at all times,
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with demonstrable time management skills;
- Proficient with hand tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools etc;
- Willingness to participate and complete required training initiatives;
- Must possess clean drivers abstract with D-license endorsement;
- Must supply own tools.
• Post-secondary education and Heavy Equipment license required.