Reporting to the National Credit Manager, the Bilingual Credit and Collections Representative will be responsible for the management and collections of up to 500 commercial accounts
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning of collection activities by reviewing and analyzing aging reports;
- Contacting customers for payment of past due invoices;
- Implementing plans to eliminate past due accounts, including proposals: repayment schedules of delinquent accounts to minimize bad debt;
- Daily monitoring of accounts for credit hold status to determine appropriate actions to be taken to facilitate order processing to maximize sales while minimizing risk;
- Regular accounts reconciliation;
- Investigation and resolution of customers’ deductions and disputed items by working closely with sales/service teams and customers;
- Set-up of new accounts and authority to authorize credit limits of up to $5,000 based on customers’ credit application and Credit Bureau reports;
- Responding to outside requests for reference on account following legal disclosure guidelines;
- Provide backup coverage for other credit associates.
- A successful candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to effectively communicate (both in written and verbal form) with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization;
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor when confronted with difficult situations is a must;
- Ability to work independently, multitask and possess strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- This work is performed mostly in front of a computer.