The Technician Apprentice role is for someone who is looking to become a 1st or who is already enrolled as a 2nd year Heavy Equipment Technician (off road). The successful candidate must actively participate in the apprenticeship process, and be dedicated to learning the trade.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To follow all safety processes and procedures, and keep safety as the number one value;
- Proactive customer contact in order to properly identify machine faults;
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault code;
- Accurate and timely service report submissions (includes time cards);
- Accurate ordering of required parts and follow-up to ensure parts are received in order to complete the assigned service work;
- Immediately reporting to your Supervisor possibilities of exceeding the quoted timeline and describing newly discovered circumstances and or causes;
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned tasks, including but not limited to: improving operating efficiencies and overall customer satisfaction through the timely completion of shop service work, responsible for the return of un-used parts upon the completion of shop service work;
- Abide by Strongco’s safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with hand tools, torches, welding equipment, air tools, etc;
- Willingness to complete required training;
- Post-secondary diploma and a minimum of 5 years of experience working with heavy equipment